St. Peter’s Church is located in the Old City of Jaffa, south of Tel Aviv.
The Franciscan church was built on the site where, according to legend, Saint Peter resurrected Tabitha, one of the followers of Jesus (Apostles 9: 36-43, 10: 1-4).
The church resembles a European cathedral with a high, vaulted ceiling, stained glass windows and marble walls. Masses are held in English, Spanish, Hebrew, and Polish. Since the church stands on a hill towering above the city and visible from the sea, over time it became a beacon for pilgrims indicating that the holy land is near.
St. Peter’s Church is located in the Old Town of Jaffa, just 3 km south of our apartments in Tel Aviv.
Located in the Old City of Jaffa, south of modern Tel Aviv.
The Coptic Monastery / Coptic Church was founded in 1885 and originally served as a haven for Coptic pilgrims on their first night in the Holy Land. The original haven, today a dilapidated and dilapidated building, is located on the territory of the Coptic monastery, which also houses the Coptic church, and the burial place of bishops. The church is equipped with figures of the Virgin Mary and many other saints, and also has a magnificent bell tower with a red roof. Currently, only one monk lives in the monastery.